AMETECH METAL-TEC10 METAL TREATMENT - FOR BOTH AUTOMATIC & MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS
As advertised in Tractor & Machinery magazine
Our Price £21.99
One of the biggest enemies of a transmission is heat. The amount of heat present in the system will normally dictate the lifetime of that transmission. When Metal-Tec 10™ is added, heat is significantly reduced. Metal-Tec 10™ addresses the extreme-pressure (EP) areas, such as planetary and worm gear systems, along with bushings, bearings and shafts.
Email to Friend « Back
HOW DOES METAL-TEC WORK?
Carried to the moving metal parts by the fluid to which it is added, Metal-Tec 10™ creates a boundary film which smoothes and seals metal surfaces to reduce friction and friction-related heat. This results in less wear and smoother operation of the mechanism with no danger of build up or changes in tolerances. The end result is improved operation of the system.
Ametech Metal-Tec 10™ improves the overall tribological properties of the metal surfaces. Film strength is a function of surface roughness and viscosity. The smoother the surface, the higher the film strength, while viscosity can be lower to improve fluid flow conditions.
Ametech Metal-Tec 10™ treated surfaces will increase fluid film strength, reducing friction, heat, wear and energy consumption. This returns efficiency and previously wasted energy back to the system for increased power. This process, combined with the physical surface improvement of the metals, steps up oil flow, reduces metal film strength, improves the shear strength of the base lubricant, and results in an overall reduction in friction and friction-related wear.
VALVE BODY OPERATION: In many cases presented by professional transmission builders, Metal-Tec 10™ has freed the valve body and maximized performance with no recurrence of sticking or intermittent hang-ups.
GOVERNORS: As most transmission builders are aware, there are certain governor systems that have unique tendencies to hang up for no apparent reason. Two reasons these hang-ups occur are contaminants and microscopic spiking of the metal due to electrolytic corrosion of the metal. Metal-Tec 10™ will displace contaminants and smooth and seal metal surfaces, removing electrolytic spikes and preventing their formation.
- Reduces heat
- Frees valve bodies for maximum performance
- Free governors and eliminates governor hang-ups
- Keeps oil passageways, orifices and ball checks clean and fully operational
- Extends the service life of the transmission
- Eliminate premature failure and costly call-backs
- Reduces wear & metal particle fallout & debris
- Removes varnish buildup
- Eliminates lock-up chatter in the torque converter
- Insures proper shift
- Does not affect seals & gaskets
- No negative affect on sprag or clutch friction*
- Recommended for automatic & standard transmissions
- Contains no PTFE, graphite, silicone or moly.
* Although Metal Tec 10™ reduces friction, it has no negative affect on the sprag or clutch friction necessary for the operation of the transmission. As confirmed by Raymark in a letter of October 1986 in testing their SAE clutch pack: "The results of our test indicate no change in the friction levels, thus we do not expect the addition of your additive to have a negative effect on our friction products."
HOW MUCH AMETECH METAL-TEC 10™ DO I NEED TO USE?
Ametech Metal-Tec 10™ is extremely concentrated and effective even in small quantities. Add 5% Metal-Tec 10™ by volume to transmission oil, i.e. 50ml to every 1 litre of oil.
Metal-Tec 10™ can also be applied directly to parts while rebuilding and can be sprayed in a fine mist directly onto the parts you want it to reach or sprayed onto greases to facilitate blending.
One litre of Metal-Tec 10™ will treat approximately 20 litres of oil.
This bottle contains 250ml Metal-Tec 10™ which is sufficient to add to approximately 5 litres of oil.
IMPORTANT: Metal-Tec10™ should not be used in CVT gearboxes. CVT (Constant Variable Transmission) oil or fluid improves the friction/grip between rubber/metallic belts and alloy/composite pulleys, whereas Metal-Tec10™ reduces friction between metal-on-metal components, spool valves & spindles lubricated by ATF (automatic transmission fluid) in automatic transmissions. As these requirements are opposed, neither ATF nor Metal-Tec10™ should be used in CVT rubber/metal belt transmissions.
For more information on Ametech Metal-Tec10 please see our Frequently Asked Questions page
FOR PROFESSIONAL USE ONLY